London – Associate Director (Structures)
JMS has been trusted to deliver some of the industry’s most demanding engineering projects. The company boasts an extraordinary portfolio of building structures, including basements, structural alterations, multi-storey buildings, foundations and temporary structures; covering various industries, such as commercial and industrial development, residential buildings, heritage work and much more.
Due to the continued success of the business, JMS is actively seeking an Associate Director of Structural Engineering to join their design team in London. The successful candidate will be chosen to enhance an already established and energetic leadership team and will assist the Directors in order to meet performance and growth objectives.
With responsibility for the structural engineering design of complex engineering projects, the project workload would see the Senior Engineer work across a diverse range of interesting sectors. This is a great opportunity for a highly experienced Chartered Senior Structural Engineer with a proven track record in project delivery, winning of new commissions, team development, and client engagement.
If you are an enthusiastic, career motivated team player, looking for an exciting future in a forward-thinking company, we would like to hear from you.
- Collaborative development of the business, effective teamwork and exceptional leadership, with support and mentoring of the team. Deliver the outcomes and benefits required by the organisation, its delivery partners and other stakeholder/partner organisations
- Maintain overall responsibility for the financial performance of the London office by achieving targeted revenues from current and new customers. Monitor and oversee project budgets and staff resources for projects undertaken
- Manage relationships with technical and non-technical clients, partners and other stakeholders by delivering the outcomes and benefits of JMS Group
- Harness any opportunities for further work and new commissions
- Ensure projects are sufficiently resourced by working closely with teams throughout the Group. Engage in and monitor successful delivery of high-level project technical/quality reviews of specifications, reports and drawings produced by the team.
- Ensure that all calculations & drawings undertaken by the project team are inspected and approved by a Chartered Engineer. Drive technical best practice, knowledge sharing and process standardisation / optimisation across the JMS Group
- Delegate work to team members, programming deliverables and monitoring progress using SMART KPI’s.
- Ensure the implementation and continuous management of JMS Company policies on all projects undertaken
Expected Qualifications/Desired experience/skills:
- Gained a Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, preferably IStructE Chartered
- Good knowledge of contract management, professional/technical agreements and experience in client engagement during the preparation of proposals
- Wide experience of Structural Engineering schemes of varying size and complexity
- Excellent knowledge of standard engineering practices, techniques and procedures
- A demonstrable track record in design, project/financial management and experience
- Keen desire to progress and play a significant part in the future strategy of the business
- The ability to explain engineering principals in a way that can be understood by a non-technical person
- Able to demonstrate competent leadership skills in hiring, developing and managing the performance of the London based team.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients
- Be willing and able to travel across the UK for visiting sites and Group offices
JMS is renowned for being an employer that invests, empowers and rewards their staff. The benefits of working for JMS include 50+ days’ annual leave*, and a Company pension scheme.
To find out more about JMS, their values and the benefits of working for a forward-thinking business, visit the website www.jmsengineers.co.uk
*The JMS Group have adopted a ‘Free Friday’ scheme, which entitles employees up to an additional 25 days holiday each year; to be take every second Friday throughout the year.