MMC Case Study - Ideal Building Systems
JMS has worked with Ideal Building Systems on many projects, including multiple storey buildings, and many single-storey educational buildings. Our work with Ideal Building Systems is usually related to the substructure design.
JMS got involved with the superstructure design work at Ludlow School, where an existing beam needed to be supported by the new module. We provided a connection and a stronger truss for the new module.
- Ideal Building Systems mainly undertake modular buildings
- All solutions are built in their factory in Bridlington, using cold rolled steel
- Most of the module is completed, before transportation to site where the modules are connected
- The John Moore foundation design was used and required a visit to the site for trial pit inspection
- Full design of the foundations, either strips, trench fill, raft or pad foundations, depending on the ground conditions of each specific site
- Designed pad foundations for modular classroom