- Ion Science
MMC Case Study - Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs)
SIPs UK appointed JMS to this project due to our history of innovative and cost-effective SIP designs. With a great collaborative approach with the architects, we were able to produce a detailed design, with Ion Science and SIPs UK delighted with the results.
Over the course of the build, JMS was available to the client, assisting in any remedial work and producing solutions to unforeseen issued that arose.
Today, the building stands as a marvel of modern methods of construction.
- Ion Science is one of the leaders in designing, manufacturing, and supplying gas sensors and gas detection instruments for a wide range of industries and applications
- The goal was to create a facility in Cambridgeshire that required a more modern method of construction with building materials which were greener and environmentally friendly
- Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) were ideal for this project and SIPs UK, the pioneers of (SIP Panels) in the UK, had been appointed as the structural frame provider
- The scale of the project, along with the intricate and complex detailing required, created a level of difficulty which could only be designed by companies who were well versed in SIPs design
- The structure of the building is interesting and is constructed using a combination of SIP panel elements, Timber / Glulam