Case Study - Temporary Works
Together with the contractors Project Manager, JMS designed, developed and oversaw a works scheme allowing for the redevelopment of an old public house into accommodation.
- Existing historic pub building converted to residential accommodation
- The gable wall was in a poor unstable condition and required shoring and propping to ensure it could be safely repaired
- Temporary props, timber sheathing walls and shores were specified to stabilise the structure whilst it was repaired
- With an ingenious method of using timber framing to stabilise the building, the building was made safe prior to starting any demolition work
- A traditional propping scheme could then be used to support the gable whilst the existing stonework was removed to allow for repairs to be carried out